Finding the correct incontinence pad can be life-changing. However, for many individuals, keeping the pad in place can be an ongoing challenge.
Wearing underwear that isn’t designed to keep it in place can result in little to no protection.Often known as mesh or net pants, fixation pants are designed for keeping shaped pads in place for optimum leakage security. Whilst they do not provide you with protection for incontinence, they provide practical assistance. Some of the most popular brands offer fixation pants, allowing you to find one specific to your needs.
What are the Benefits of Incontinence Fixation Pants?
- Hold the pad tight to the body. You can enjoy the confidence in knowing your pad will stay in place throughout the day.
- Support higher levels of incontinence whilst staying discreet. Fixation pants can hold both small and large pads. They are also designed just like normal underwear, ensuring they contain no bulk and are discreet.
- Soft and comfortable on the skin. All the materials used in fixation pants are designed to secure fitment of the pads without sacrificing comfort.
- Available in different fitting styles. Some fixation pants are designed with longer legs, whereas some are designed in more of a brief style.
- Available in both washable and semi-disposable varieties.
- Elasticated materials for freedom of movement. Fixation pants are designed to suit users with an active lifestyle so you are not restricted in doing daily activities. The elasticated waistband ensures an accurate fit no matter what is planned for the day ahead.
- Look and feel like normal underwear. You won’t have to experience discomfort or drastic change with these pants. The design of fixation pants allows you to even forget you aren’t wearing normal underwear.
- Keep you free from unwanted odour. The majority of pants feature odour control technology to prevent embarrassment and help you maintain dignity.
Who are Incontinence Fixation Pants ideal for?
Fixation pants are ideal if you find your pad moves around during use, causing a lack of security. They are also ideal if you find you lot or require a product with a closer fit, fixation pants may be ideal for you. You should note that these pants are slightly harder to put on than pads and all in ones. They are therefore more suitable for users who are fairly mobile and are not wheelchair bound. Some brands offer specialized pants for both sexes that offer protection where you need it.
How do Incontinence Fixation Pants compare to ordinary pants?
In comparison to ordinary pants, fixation pants feature a wider crotch area and extra elasticity, supporting the pad in the best possible way. The majority of pants also feature odour control technology, which provides extra protection. Some fixation pants feature a space for you to insert an incontinence pad, which further ensures it does not move out of place. Incontinence fixation pants also allow more flexibility than normal underwear as they can be used with larger pads, allowing for more absorption.
Choosing Incontinence Fixation Pants
- Find an accurate size. To be effective, fixation pants should provide a close fit. Size is crucial in determining how effective the pants will be. To find a correct size for you, measure your hips and waist and select the larger of the two measurements to choose your size.
- Consider gender. Some fixation pants are gender specific, so you shouldn’t ignore the name of the product before purchasing them. If you require a very close fit, a gender-specific product can be helpful.
- Consider colour coding. Do you have a lot of different incontinence products or are buying pants for someone who might get confused? Some pants feature colour coding and product information on the waistband for ease of use.
- Do you have sensitive skin? It is vital to read the description of a product before buying. Make sure you have no allergies to the material of the pants, and that they are suitable for your skin. Most fixation pants are latex free.
What are some popular brands of Incontinence Fixation Pants?
These pants are an example of products featuring a colour coded waistband. Providing products and solutions for healthcare services in over 90 countries, Tena’s fixation pants are hugely popular. The pants have been designed as a discretion option for protection. Tena Fix pants feature colour coding on the waistband for easy identification. These pants are also seamless to minimize pressure points and are designed from 96% polyester and 4% elastane. Tena Fix Pants are latex free to ensure they will not cause irritation to the skin during use.
You can purchase Tena Fix Pants here.
Attends are another popular world class manufacturing company. Designed from white elasticated plastic, the pants have short legs for improved fit. Unlike the Tena Fix, these pants feature a single seam. These pants also feature colour coded waistbands to make it a lot easier to identify sizes. It is recommended that you wear these with the Attends shaped pads.
Lille Ganmill Pants incorporate soft fibers and double elastic lycra, providing a quality fit. The material pants provides additional security with a feeling of freedom, comfort and control. Effective anti-leakage security is included in the pants, giving you the confidence and security that you will stay dry throughout the day. The pants have a short leg design to allow freedom of movement and a feeling of security.
It is recommended that you wear Lille Ganmille Pants to hold Suprem Light, PE-backed Classic Pads and Suprem Form shaped pads in place securely.
Our selection of net and lycra pants is designed to provide you with the freedom and security you need. You can shop our range of Net and Lycra Pants here.