|Sometimes faecal incontinence can develop from unexpected causes…
For example, chronic constipation. If left untreated, serious medical problems such as faecal impaction can occur. This is when dried, hard stools aren’t released and then prevent further bowel movements. If left untreated this can cause faecal incontinence, so although it may be uncomfortable or embarrassing to talk about these things, it is essential to see your doctor with any prolonged cases of constipation. Not only will this prevent serious problems developing but it will also vastly improve day to day comfort.
|A spoonful of castor oil in a glass of milk can help|
What you can do to treat constipation?
- If the constipation is chronic, the best advice is to visit your GP, however there are ways you can treat the condition at home
- Drink water – little and often throughout the day, a spoonful of honey in the water can aid digestion
- Eat more fibre – as well as increasing your water intake
- A spoonful of castor oil in a glass of milk can help
- Yoga or walking, or other gentle exercises